See what Batch 01 has to say
If you have applied here but not received a phone call, do apply again with your updated deck in 4 weeks.
RESIDENT MASTER INSTRUCTOR
Former Head of Mobile Acquisition – Lyft
Former Mobile Marketing Manager – Zynga
At Lyft, Daniel had helped the ride-sharing startup scale from 4 to 65 cities in less than a year’s time. In his time there, he partnered with data scientists to implement LTV models and determine ROI benchmarks to evaluate the performance of all marketing campaigns, on-boarded
supply sources (ad networks, ad exchanges/SSPs, direct to publisher relationships), third-party agencies (Facebook PMDs, mobile DSPs). He also lead the product roadmap to build a scalable UA infrastructure, working with the Lyft engineering team to manage multiple 3rd-party API integrations, create in-app events for full funnel tracking, and develop streamlined performance
He was also Zynga’s first mobile marketing hire, where he actively managed the mobile portfolio’s paid user acquisition efforts across all global channels to meet quarterly revenue and DAU objectives. Led business
development in on-boarding new sources of paid traffic on mobile, including in-app ad networks, mobile web, DSPs, Ad Exchanges/SSPs, and proprietary mobile
publishers. Partnered with product management and engineering teams to develop new analytic tools aimed at better measuring campaign performance – focusing on ROI, engagement, and other downstream metrics.
OTHER VISITING INSTRUCTORS
- Vice President of Growth at Freelancer and manages the growth team - getting Freelancer to 12 Million professionals and through its successful IPO.
- Responsible for the strategy, product management, data science, customer experience, talent & pr functions of the company. He pioneered the design of this team, combining technical and multi-disciplinary mix of data scientists, engineers, mathematicians, statisticians, physicists and product managers to lead grow Freelancer.
- Lectures at Australian Universities on topics such as growth, strategy, data warehousing and analytics.
- Grew up in Indonesia and graduated as valedictorian with first class honours degrees in Mechatronics Engineering and Computer Science from the University of Melbourne. Willix recently completed the Stanford Executive Program For Growing Companies at the Stanford Graduate School of Business.
- Former Director of Marketing @ Inside Network (acquired by WebMediaBrands in 2011). She established scalable business and organizational processes for a startup that grew from from a founding team of three, to a staff of 10, to acquired in a year and a half. She was the key “full-stack” product and marketing strategist working alongside the founder / CEO to develop paid subscription programs and industry conference series that led to Inside Network’s acquisition by WebMediaBrands, Inc. in May 2011.
- Former Head of Sales, AppSumo. Susan led the company’s business development team, where she tripled the number of content partnership deals closed and grew sales revenue from $150,000 monthly to over $500,000 monthly, marketing daily to an email list of over 700,000 subscribers. She also designed and oversaw the creation of AppSumo’s proprietary flagship online courses on marketing and entrepreneurship.
- Former Content marketing for Ramit Sethi’s New York Times / Amazon / WSJ best-selling book, I Will Teach You To Be Rich, and helped to create and market Ramit’s first online course about freelancing, “Earn1K”.
- Susan began her career in the Valley at Google working on the internationalization team for Google Earth, and graduated from Stanford.
- Today = Distribution Hacker in Residence @ 500 Startups, where she educates portfolio companies on all things growth, including producing 500 Distro's newsletter, daily tips, case studies how-tos, workshops and via office hours.
- Former director of customer acquisition & customer success at KISSmetrics.
- While working in KISS Metrics, he built a 7-figure eCommerce side business from scratch in 1 year during evenings and weekends.
- Former employee #2 in charge of marketing at Bloomfire. Bloomfire was successfully acquired 20 months after launching at SXSW.
- Today = Distribution Hacker @ 500 Startups, where he works with select startups in the portfolio on growth.
- Affiliate advertiser, generated over a $1 billion worth of revenues for e-commerce merchants such as Amazon, Eddie Bauer, Hotwire, Nordstrom, Priceline and Spiegel.
- Founder of Action Factory, a digital publishing network.
- Demand generation consultant at WalmartLabs.
- She has been featured in Forbes, USA Today, NPR and the International Business Times, and is a graduate of Singularity University's GSP11 in Exponential Technologies at NASA Ames.
- Today = Distribution Hacker in Residence @ 500 Startups, where she helps select portfolio companies with growth fundamentals, analytics infrastructure, demand generation strategy, and full stack marketing.
- Founding engineer at Mint.com, where she helped build, launch and scale the product until its acquisition in 2009.
- Previously, she was a lecturer at Duke University's Pratt School of Engineering.
- Founder at Femgineer, an education company that helps empower engineers, founders, and product leads to transform their ideas into tangible, high-impact products.
- She is also a Venture Partner at 500 Startups, where she advises companies on product development, growth, and fundraising.
- Global brand partner at Facebook.
- Former Head of Agency Relations SEA for Google.
- Head of Marketing at Yahoo! India.
- Marc leads the eCommerce & travel sales and strategic partnership team at Google Malaysia, driving collaborations with global and regional eCommerce players, airlines & hoteliers.
- Graduated with first class honors in Actuarial Science from the London School of Economics upon completion, with full distinction, at Raffles Junior College, Singapore under the ASEAN scholarship program. Recently completed a prestigious Duke CE Executive Program.
- Ben is the Product Manager leading Driver Growth at Lyft. His team's main focus is on driver onboarding funnel, experience and retention.
- Previously Ben was leading Growth at another marketplace startup connecting companies and local food providers (Cater2.me). He also spent 4 years working in the advertising industry for client like L'Oreal, Danone, Chase and Disney.
- Previously Andy led the launch of Stripe in the UK
- Founded and grew membership management platform GroupSpaces to help thousands of group leaders manage over 5 million memberships.
- Created Selective Tweets - used by over 1 million people to cross-post between Twitter and Facebook. Andy likes building useful things, and using technology to help people.
- Andy is an Entrepreneur in Residence with 500 Startups based in London, where he helps teams in the London Distro Dojo with growth, analytics and product.
- Co-founder and CEO of Mindvalley Poland – an online publishing company that builds online audiences and monetization for bestselling authors, visionaries or potential authors.
- For 7 years was one of Mindvalley’s entrepreneurial marketing experts in the area of psychological and content marketing, responsible for launching three successful businesses in less than a year with more than $3M in revenue. Responsible for more than 70% revenue of Mindvalley as well as business automation for products start to finish.
- Certified in landing page optimisation, email marketing and in the fundamentals of online testing by Marketing Sherpa, and Jeff Walker Product Launch Formula.
- Currently Founder and CEO of Media Marx - a growth consultancy working with startups.
- One of the original “growth hackers” back before it became an official job category on tax returns.
- Built 7 companies, 5 of them were bought.
- He created the social gaming category by building some of the biggest apps ever (over 50 Million players) on Facebook, including the iconic games Zombies, Vampires and Werewolves.
- Blake wrote and designed the first version of Causes on Facebook, which has over 120 Million users and has raised over $80 million for various charities.
- Distro-hacker-in-residence at 500, helping select companies with paid acquisition and SEO. Specialties: selling to women/families/SMBs.
- Former Freelance Growth Hacker. Top client was an ecommerce site that grew 4X in revenue to $3.87 Million in 7 months, where she focused on Facebook ads, retargeting & UX redesign.
- Founder and CEO of ActivityHero, a 500 startups company, a Local marketplace connecting parents with summer camps and kids activities. Raised $2.2M. Primary customer acquisition on both the supply (SMBs) & demand (consumers) side specializing in guerrilla and direct sales.
- She will be the point of contact for all Distro Dojo companies.